PWN Copenhagen: Treasurer
The Treasurer serves as an advisor to the Board on the financial impact of all decisions taken by PWN Copenhagen and ensures that the financial aspects are managed in conformance with the financial policies and Danish Law and Regulations. In this position, you will have to be comfortable working with others and taking a leadership role.
The Treasurer possesses knowledge about budgeting and accounting, is a team player and can support the Executive team in their finance management if necessary. Experience in roles with financial responsibilities is an advantage for this position, but not a requisite.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation and management of budget of PWN Copenhagen. Present a quarterly or semi-annual update on financials during Board meetings
- Review, monitor and alert the Board on possible discrepancies Actuals vs Budget figures
- Prepare the annual financial statements and budget for the AGM
- Be the main counterpart for invoicing, payments and banking matters.
- Advise on projects’ financial viability in cooperation with other board members
- Manage day-to-day finance operations (reimbursement of claims, reply to questions regarding the budget or use of funds, liaise with members on payment matters, check monthly bank statements and the accuracy of transfers.)
- Daily management of PWN Copenhagen’s bank account and replying to any query from members regarding finance.
- Coordinates and communicates with PWN other City Networks to share best practices and ideas. Attend monthly treasurers’ call
Time Commitment: Approx. 2-3 hours per week (variable and dependent on ongoing events and programs).
Please submit a motivation letter or video answering the questions:
- What is your motivation for applying for a role as a voluntary Board Member with PWN Copenhagen?
- What knowledge, talents, or experience will contribute to your success in the role you are applying for? Which professional experiences are particularly relevant?
- Motivation letter (or video)
Please note – you must be a fully paid-up member when appointed to your role.
Your video should be uploaded to YouTube and the link submitted along with the candidate’s CV or written letter of motivation. Not sure how to do this? There are some easy-to-follow instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZvBuqRxaPs
The submission deadline for application is the 1st of June 2023.